Congratulations! Second win for Slumdog Millionaire

Cinematographer Anthony Dod Mantle won Slumdog Millionaire its second Oscar.

In his acceptance speech he thanked Danny Boyle and the team of Slumdog Millionaire. "I would like to thank thousands of people, can't name them all. I would like to thank the Academy, all the people who worked on Slumdog Millionaire and all the people I have worked with in my career, my wife Anna, my kids, my brother John, my sister Annie, my ma and pa and Danny Boyle who started it all."

He received the award from the lovely Natalie Portman and a bearded Ben Stiller.

The Reader, Changeling, The Dark Knight and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button were the other films nominated in the category.

Anthony Dod Mantle is known for his digital photography and the way he captured Mumbai's slum life was nothing short of spectacular. He has previously worked on Lars Von Trier's Dogville and 28 Days Later (also directed by Danny Boyle), among many other films.

The BAFTA is one of the many awards Mantle has won for Slumdog Millionaire. And now he has an Oscar.




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin