Slumdog Millionaire wins first award

Slumdog Millionaire won its first Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay by Simon Beaufoy. The writer thanked Indian author Vikas Swarup as the film is based on his book, Q&A.

The award was presented by Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey and veteran actor Steve Martin.

In his acceptance speech he said, "I would like to thank Vikas Swarup as without the book the film wouldn't have been made. I would also like to thank Dev and the beautiful Latika and the cast who taught me so much about India. I would also like to thank my director, producer and my manager."

Simon Beaufuoy was previously nominated for The Full Monty in 1997.

Milk won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay.

Slumdog Millionaire has been nominated for ten Oscars. It has already won the Golden Globe and the BAFTA award among many others for Best Adapted Screenplay.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin