Anil Kapoor: I want to be known as Sonam’s father

Anil Kapoor is overjoyed with the performance of his film, Slumdog Millionaire, in India and internationally. But the actor says he is even happier with the great compliments he has been receiving for Sonam’s performance in Delhi 6.


"I was not here in India when the promos of Delhi 6 hit the screens but many of my friends called me to say that Sonam is looking very good and even her screen appearance is also very good. And when I reached India again many people told me about her. And that time I had just reached India and was at the airport. Then I came home and switched on the TV to see what people are saying and I was totally shocked! She is looking so beautiful and has done a great job. Even her chemistry with Abhishek is also very good,” says proud papa Anil.

Kapoor says that his daughter always wanted to join Bollywood but Anil was very clear about how and when she should join the industry he has called home for so many years.

“When she was very small, right from that time she wanted to make her career in films so I suggested that first she had to know all about the activities behind the camera before facing it. And I guess the direction has helped her to grow so much in her second film. I am not saying because she is my daughter but I have seen that today's youth are very hard working. And they know how and when to do what. I was thrilled that my 20 years old daughter suddenly decided that she will assist Sanjay Leela Bhansali. All these things helped them to grow faster. But this facility was not there at our time. I am proud to be Sonam’s father and I want one day people should recognize me as Sonam's dad. You will not believe it but these things actually make parents proud!” signs off the actor.

Sonam Kapoor will soon be seen opposite Abhishek Bachchan in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Delhi 6. The song Masakali picturised on her has already become a super hit.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin