Industry reacts on Rahman being the first Indian to win a Golden Globe Award

Mira Nair: "The most innocent and lovely image on American television in years was the sight of our beloved A.R. Rahman on tiptoe hugging a loved one before he got the Golden Globe. How wonderful to see this rush of talent being recognized. Go, Slumdog!"


Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: "This is absolutely fantastic news. Superb in the superlative. Heartiest congratulations to him. He's truly blessed. An incredible talent, a wonderful soul and has always been and will be the pride of our country."

Pritam Chakraborty: "Wow ...I was kind of expecting this. Congratulations to him. It's a proud moment for any Indian especially the music fraternity. I pray that it's just the beginning for him."

Amitabh Bachchan: "Congratulations. A reward most deserving."

Abhishek Bachchan: "What a glorious moment for him. He continues to make us proud. I'm very lucky to have worked with him in Yuva, Guru and Delhi 6. My congratulations to him."

Gulzar: "It's the horse that has won the race. The one riding the horse was Rahman. My lyrics for 'Jai Ho' were just the lagaam for the horse. Rahman has always been a clutter-breaker. He broke the antara-mukhda-antara (stanza-intro-stanza) mould in Hindi film songs. Now he has broken into the international arena. I'm working with him on the new Mani Ratnam project Raavan. As always it's a pleasure. All I can say for Rahman is, Jai Ho."

Bappi Lahiri: "It's a great honour for Bollywood. We're all proud of A R Rahman. God bless him."

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra: "I guess on the way to the Oscars he has picked up a Golden Globe. The best thing about his music in Slumdog Millionaire (SD) is that his work in the film is so revolutionary and potent, that he made the jury's job easier. God bless Rahman for bringing India back on the cultural world-map. This will pave the way for bigger things from him and from our country."

Javed Akhtar: "I'm thrilled happy and proud, but not at all surprised. It's inevitable for a genius like Rahman to get international acclaim."

Shekhar Ravjiani: "A. R. Rahman is a genius. The music of SM is outstanding. It deserves every award on this planet. I'm extremely happy for him."

Udit Narayan: "I've had the singular pleasure of working with A. R. Rahman many times. In fact I had sung for the last India-based film Lagaan that had his music. He's a fine human being and composer. I always say good things happen to good people. This honour that he has brought to the country proves it. Today when I have cut down on my singing I realize he's one of the composers I'd want to sing for even if I stopped singing."

Ashutosh Gowarikar: "In one word he is fan-tas-tic! He's a trailblazer. I'm so very proud of him, too thrilled! And his speech at the Golden Globe ceremonies was superb, short and sweet full of gratitude for his fans. Wow! I'll exhale only when I meet him."

Sunidhi Chauhan: "When I heard Rahman saab had won a Golden Globe it didn't register for a while. It took me time to understand what he has done. I'm too, too happy to say anything. I haven't sung too many songs from him. Recently, I sang a Hindi song for him in an English-language film. Singing an A.R Rahman composition is a privilege. I'm glad the West is realizing his worth."

Shreya Ghoshal: "I'm extremely happy and thrilled to hear this. It's a huge achievement. I'm very proud of Rahman sir. This is just the beginning for him."

Anu Malik: "I'm not surprised. Such talent comes once in a lifetime. I'm in London and I caught the film and its music. It's terrific. A great day for our great country. A R Rahman is a genius. I'm sure he's going to get an Oscar now. I salute A R Rahman. Mark my words. Next month Rahman will also get the Oscar for SM. It is brilliant. I'm so happy for him. With the Oscar coming to Rahman the Indian music industry would've come a long way."

Farhan Akhtar: "I'm very happy for him. The recognition is truly deserved. Congratulations to Rahman and Danny Boyle."

Vishal Bhardwaj: "Things just won't stop here for Rahman. The genius shall now bring an Oscar for us. Insha Allah."

Aditya Narayan: "It's incredible! He's the first Indian artiste to be working internationally at such a high level. I've had the pleasure of singing for him when I was a child in Taal. Of course now everyone will say he had it in him. Here's one artiste who just does his work, and wastes no time in publicity gimmicks. I think India is just getting ready for international recognition."



Bipasha Basu: "He's an absolute genius. He deserves every award. And the applause he's getting globally is richly deserved. I feel immense pride."

Anand Raj Anand: "He deserves it. He's the only music director who got opportunities to work in terrific banners and super-talented directors. I wish him many many more achievements."

Sameer Anjaan: "It's a proud moment for every Indian. I'm lucky to have worked with him. He deserves much more."

Aadesh Shrivastava: "Bahut garv hota hai apne desh ke prati. Jai Hind."

Himesh Reshammiya: "He deserves it. He's my favourite."

Ameesha: "Rahman is a modern-day Mozart. A complete genius. I wish him the Oscar next."

Kunal Ganjawala: "This is just the beginning of many more international awards to come for Rahman."

KK (singer): "He deserves it. Glad he brought it for us. He's someone who understands music and what it does for our soul. Truly Indian too. God bless him .This is just the beginning."

Irrfan Khan: "Rahman ki jai ho aur aage Indian cinema ki bhi jai ho. I'm part of SM and meri bhi jai ho."

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin