Adnan Sami in double trouble

Pakistani national Adnan Sami is in trouble for two reasons. First, he does not have the required permission for a foreign national to purchase immovable property in Mumbai and second, his wife Sabah Galadari has filed a Police complaint that he allegedly abused and tried to throw her out of their apartment in Lokhandwala, Andheri.


The Central Government has ordered a nationwide survey of Pakistani nationals to get specific details about their business ventures, immovable property and frequency of visits to Pakistan. This survey has landed singer Adnan Sami in trouble as he does not have the required permissions to purchase immovable property in India.

Adnan Sami has purchased eight flats in Andheri between 2003 and 2005 violating the rules of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), the finance ministry and the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA). It has been prescribed by the Central Government that any foreign national has to obtain permission and a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the Reserve Bank of India before purchasing immovable property in India. The registrar of stamps and stamp superintendent has to make sure that a foreign national completes these formalities. Adnan Sami however has no such permissions and yet owns 8 flats.

Sami also took a loan to purchase these flats but neither the Bank officials nor the RBI officials checked his nationality details. The flat transactions were done without the written permission of the RBI.

On the domestic front, Sami's parents are currently staying with him as his father is undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer at a suburban hospital. His wife Sabah Galadari doesn't like this. The couple had a fight on Thursday evening. Sabah had invited her Filipino friend Elina to stay with her. Sami asked her to tell her friend to move out as he needed the room for his parents. Sabah refused and the two fought over that. She called the police accusing Sami of hitting her, verbally abusing her and throwing her pout of the house but when they arrived she decided not to file a complaint. When the police asked her if he hit her and abused her, she just kept quiet. Then they were summoned to the police station, Sabah filed a non-cognizable complaint and the Police let Sami off with a warning.

Adnan Sami says, "I have gifted the house to her, why should I push her out? Was I being unreasonable if I asked her friend to move out of the guest room so that my ailing father could be shifted there? I owe my life to my parents as their eldest son, this is the least I could do for them."

He further adds, "I have never raised my hand on an ant. It is a false claim and the copy of the complaint with the police is enough proof about what I am saying. She said no when the cops asked her if I had hit her or abused her. I love my wife but my father needs me right now and he is my priority."

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin