Anil Kapoor: Slumdog salesman

Anil Kapoor recently launched the DVD of Slumdog Millionaire, giving the press an earful of his woes on piracy. The actor insisted that those who resorted to buying pirated CDs of the latest movies were doomed to insignificance, while praising the film that narrates the ‘rags to raja’ story of a poverty-stricken slum child.

16-04showbiz2

HE said, “I am glad to have got an opportunity to work with Danny Boyle and be a part of Slumdog Millionaire. And the people of India have made us feel proud to have done a good job.”
Telling us why the public ought to buy the DVD, even if they watched an illegal print, he says, “I know that many have watched the movie even before it was released in India through pirated CDs but believe me, those prints don’t have the whole film. There are many scenes on the original DVD that aren’t there on the pirated CDs and DVDs. And the quality on the original is very good; like when you watch it on the big screen. In fact, it is even better!”


He condemns those who buy pirated prints to mediocrity, angrily stating, “The people who watch films on pirated CDs, their minds remain on that low level only. They never make it big in life. It’s a crime but the sad part of piracy is that we have still not come to a solution to stop it. And maybe the people working on the piracy laws are not doing anything because their kids at are watching illegal prints to save money.”
Slumdog Millionaire won 8 Oscars, 2 of which belonged to A R Rahman, putting the Indian composer on a global platform. But the awards ceremony, which the stars of the film, including Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Irrfan Khan and Anil attended, has not been included in the special features of the DVD. To this, Anil says, “I guess those rights belong to the Academy Awards. It was not given to us and that is why we could not release it on DVD.”

17-04anil-kapoor

Ask Anil how his life has changed post SM, he says, “Except for me, I guess everyone has become a millionaire- Fox Searchlight, the distributors, etc. But me, I’m on the same level as I am staying in Mumbai only.”

The actor has however, received an offer to star in the US TV action drama series 24. He confirms that he is doing the show but refuses to talk about it.
So will Bollywood take a backseat once he starts doing Hollywood shows? He says, “No, because I always concentrate on material. I never look at where the project is from or whom it is by. It may be from anywhere in the world and if it is good, then I will do it. But Bollywood has always been my first preference.”

Anil was also rumoured to have been offered a few reality TV shows after his role of a host in SM. He says, “I don’t mind doing even road plays as long as it excites me. I have been offered reality shows and chat shows but I’ve never been excited about it. So, as of now, I’m not doing any Indian TV show.”

Slumdog Millionaire’s Oscar-winning hit song Jai Ho is now being used by various political parties. But Anil has no plans to lend his face to politics. He says, “I am only supporting the Slumdog party. And actually, not a single party is offering me a chance for the elections.”

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin