Akshay: I'm not saying sorry

The actor is likely to get arrested after his return from South Africa, however Akshay maintains, "I think the focus should be more on the Lok Sabha elections than my denim button!"




Akshay Kumar is adamant about not apologising for his unbuttoning act at a fashion event recently. Akshay who is in South Africa shooting for the second season of Khatron Ke Khiladi has said he won’t issue out an apology on the issue. Unlike his contemporary Shah Rukh Khan who recently apologized over his statement on Sunil Gavaskar, Akshay says there’s nothing to apologise and states vested interest are trying to sabotage his career.

Ridiculing the obscenity complaint filed against him and wife Twinkle, Akshay told StarBoxOffice.com from South Africa, “This is ridiculous. There are so many serious critical problems haunting the country now but there’s so much interest in the button on my trouser. I think the focus should be more on the Lok Sabha elections than my denim button!”

Akshay’s wife Twinkle was arrested and released on bail bond of Rs. 950 at the Vakola police station, Mumbai city. However, Kumar states he won’t surrender to the cops. “Last year also there was a girl who had unbuttoned one single button in my denim. It was part of the endorsement of the brand and the ‘unbutton’ campaign. It really has nothing to do with me. Last year the girl did it this time it was my wife. What’s the big deal ?”

Reacting to criticism that Twinkle was last minute addition in the act, Akshay adds, “I am not the script writer for the act. I can guarantee there was no improvisation of any sort. The whole thing was planned in advance. It was part of the act. As per the script a girl would run to me and undo the top button of my denim, but I stop her and go to Twinkle and ask her to do the same. I don’t really want to keep harping about it, since it’s done with.”

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin