Akshay Kumar: Mein Mahalaxmi race course ka ghoda nahin hoon

Bollywood’s ultimate khiladi Akshay Kumar is ready to take audiences through the realm of the supernatural in his latest film 8x10 Tasveer. In the film, he plays Jai (Akshay Kumar), a man with supernatural powers. He has the ability of peeping into the past.


In a press conference, the actor answered questions about the film, supernatural powers and the ‘Aamir-SRK-Akshay No.1’ game.

What made you sign this film?
It was the story. Also, I’ve never done a sci-fi film before and was interested. The right script came along, so I hopped onto the boat. It’s a supernatural action thriller. I hope the audiences are as bowled over by it as I am.

The name is quite ambiguous. Is it an art film?
It sounded more like the measurements of a coffin to me. But then he explained it to me. But titles hardly matter. The title Daag - The Fire is confusing too. But it was a super hit. Now, with Tasveer added, I think audiences will have a clue as to what it’s about.

Do you believe in supernatural powers? If you were given the opportunity to travel back in time, what part of your life would you revisit?
I don’t believe in supernatural powers. But my journey from Delhi to Bollywood via Bangkok has been extraordinary. If I had the opportunity, I think I’d go back in time to talk to my late father.

What was the toughest scene to shoot?
Definitely the time I had to jump off a cliff into cold water. That was fun, though. But one thing I had to get used to is working with Nagesh. I had to understand his mind, which took me five days. And I’m happy I did. I am really happy with the final product.

After watching the promos, people have started to say that your character is similar to Aamir’s in Ghajini. Is this true?
Not at all. Maybe the same guy made both promos. Although, we should have put Aamir in one scene – the film would’ve done better.

Recently Aamir Khan said SRK is not the No1 khan? Would you like to stake your claim to the title as well?
No, I don’t care about being on top. I work hard and get paid for it. Mein Mahalaxmi race course par ghoda thodi hoon. There’s no first, second or third. We are all just actors.

Bollywood is banking on you more money than any other actor’s this year. What do you have to say about this?
Yes, my films have made money. But you can’t really say anything about the future. All we can do is wait for it.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | DreamyDonkey

0 comments:




Blog Widget by LinkWithin